Acquisitions and Mergers
There are many scenarios in which you may wish to attain a business enterprise. Whatever the situation, Chatfield & Co Ltd are able to take the stress out and maximise the opportunity for you.
Whether you are considering buying a business or merging with another business, we have the experience and the expertise you need. We ask the right questions, and find the necessary answers. Are you getting a good deal? Is the business right for you? Can you afford it? Have all avenues for future growth been investigated?
The services we provide incorporate every stage of the process – from identifying potential acquisitions, through to the negotiations of the commercial elements of the transaction, through to forecasting the future of the business. Incorporated in this is:
- A review of your goals and objectives
- Due diligence services
- Preparation of financial forecasts
- Advice on potential pitfalls and rewards involved in a merger
- Assistance with purchase negotiations
- Advice on financing
- Assistance with preparation of a business plan
Calling on the skills of professionals means you will be far less likely to purchase an unsuitable business. Let Chatfield & Co Ltd show you how their experience can save you from stress, and provide you with the great opportunity a business acquisition or merger can be.
Company legislation requires businesses to perform many administration tasks that take up a lot of valuable company time. The last thing you need as a business owner is to be stressed out trying to ensure you are complying with the Companies Act 1993. The possible threat of penalties for failing to keep up with the changing rules is too great a risk to take.
At Chatfield & Co Ltd we are able to relieve this burden for you. Our services include:
- Providing general advice on company law
- Documenting company formations
- Filing of annual returns on your behalf
- Preparing all documents related to minutes and resolutions
- Maintaining statutory books
- Assistance in changes of directors, shareholders, addresses, and office details
- Assist with bonus issues, share transfers and Registered Office facility
Please contact us for further information on how we can help you to get back to the task of running your business.
As unpleasant as the task is, estate planning is one of the necessities in life. It allows peace of mind knowing your hard earned assets will be dealt with in the manner you choose.
For business owners, a plan for succession of ownership is essential. We can guide you through the process of providing for business continuity.
The executor and trustee of a will is required to perform a number of duties. At Chatfield & Co Ltd we are experienced in estate planning, and can guarantee the succession plan for your assets.
The areas involved in estate administration we are able to assist with:
- Meeting to discuss objectives for your estate
- Confirming assets – valuations, inventories, appraisals
- Applying for court approval for a grant of administration
- Documenting for estate planning
- Protecting assets
- Paying taxes and debts
- Quantifying estate distribution
- Complying with the Administration Act
Farm accounting involves specific business, financial, and taxation issues, and as such requires a specialist understanding of the industry. At Chatfield & Co Ltd we keep abreast of the developments in both the farming and accounting industries, putting us in a position to provide up-to-date and accurate advice. Our services include:
- Farm budgeting and cash flows
- Farm sales and purchases
- Ownership structures
- Preparation of financial statements
- Seasonal planning
- Succession planning
Forensic Accounting is the use of accounting techniques to assess the financial implications of legal disputes. In a dispute over money it is imperative to be given accurate and timely advice.
At Chatfield & Co Ltd we offer assistance in legal disputes, to swiftly make those headaches over money disappear. Often with our intervention the dispute is able to be settled without a court case. However, in the event that a court case is necessary we are able to provide the information and documentation required for your case, and act as an expert witness in court.
Our specialists all bring with them a sound understanding of legal concepts and procedures based on years of experience. They are ready and able to guide you through the treacherous territory of the legal industry.
We live in a computerised age. Technology enables us to enhance a wide variety of business processes. Effective use of software and hardware can provide enormous benefits to your business.
Here at Chatfield & Co Ltd we have embraced the world of computerised systems, and as such, our experienced professionals are able to:
- Discuss with you the best system to implement to further your business
- Install and configure software to suit your purposes
- Recommend processes to make your computer system more secure
- Suggest accounting software applications suitable for your business
- Train clients to be self-sufficient users of a variety of softwares
- Offer advice on electronic banking
Whether you are contemplating on purchasing new computer hardware, or looking at completely changing your business systems, our trained staff are able to assist you.
At Chatfield & Co Ltd we have the necessary expertise to assist in a variety of areas in relation to residential and commercial property. The services we offer our clients include providing:
- Advice on the purchasing of a property
- Reviews of lease agreements
- Advice on funding
- Guidance in tax minimisation
- Advice on ownership structure
- Periodic reviews to ensure returns are maximised
The importance of forecasts in making a residential investment cannot be emphasised enough. We are able to provide for you:
- Forecasts of revenue returns
- Forecasts of financial position
- Forecasts of potential growth
Contact us today for more information on how we are able to assist you in the business of rental properties.
To achieve a comfortable retirement requires forward planning. You need to consider such things as when you will retire, how much income will be required to allow the retirement you desire, how to acquire that income, and what role the government will play. The friendly team at Chatfield & Co Ltd can help you answer these questions and plan for the ideal retirement that you’ve earned.
Selling a Business
Selling a business can be difficult and disheartening at times. Making it an arduous process. Here at Chatfield & Co Ltd we are able to relieve that stress for you.
The services we provide in relation to organising the selling of a business include:
- Obtaining comparative results
- Establishing a realistic sale price
- Taking the business to the market
- Negotiating with potential purchasers
- Drafting a contract
Our friendly and professional staff are able to assist in such a way that maximises your returns.
In ensuring the long term success of your business, it is critical to establish a well-designed succession plan. Coordination of the transition of your business to your successors can be a long process. However, with our years of experience we can address the complex issues of business continuation, taking the stress off your shoulders. Contact us for more information on forming a plan that allows for a hassle free continuation of your business.
A trust provides a valuable way of protecting the assets you have accumulated for the benefit of others.
We have extensive experience and so are able to offer specialist advice on Trust formation, ensuring all statutory requirements are met. Obligations for trustees can often be onerous, and our assistance in Trust administration will be invaluable.
We are able to:
- Document trust information which complies with the special requirements involved in reporting for Trusts
- Provide trust administration
- Supply minute keeping service
- Prepare annual accounts
- Prepare taxation services
- Manage assets and monitor investments
- Quantify income distribution
Contact us today to ensure your trust is formed and administered as effectively as possible, covering all legal requirements and so allowing it to fulfill its purpose.
An independent valuation provides you with answers to the questions you often need to ask about the value of a business or property. Am I getting the best price for the sale of my business? Is the asking price too much? We are trained and experienced in business valuations and are able to provide you with simple guidelines and formulae for evaluating the worth of a business. We are also able to appear in court and in arbitration as expert witnesses in relation to business valuations. Choose Chatfield & Co Ltd for a professional and accurate valuation service.